Terms & Conditions
AAA Storage website is owned and operated by CJ & AA Albertini as Trustees for the CJ & AA Albertini Superannuation Fund (ABN 36 797 153 047) hereinafter referred to as the Facility Owner or FO. By accessing, browsing or using the AAA Storage website: aaastorageonline.com.au, Sitelink, Rapidstore and any add-ons/plug-ins – hereinafter referred to as the Website, you agree to be bound by the terms, conditions and disclaimers herein as amended from time to time.
By booking/purchasing anything on the Website and/or engaging with our Facility or the FO, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.
The Facility Owner may amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any amendment will become effective immediately. Your continued use of the Website after amendment constitutes an agreement to abide by and be bound by those amended Terms and Conditions.
Trademarks, Copyrights and Restrictions
All material on the Website, including, but not limited to images, logos and illustrations, is protected by copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights which are owned and controlled by AAA Storage. Such material may not be copied, republished, reproduced, uploaded, modified, transmitted, posted, or distributed in any way without the consent of AAA Storage.
By using the Website, you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the State of New South Wales and any legal action pursued by you shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.
GST (Goods & Services Tax)
Our prices are subject to a Goods and Services Tax (GST) of 10%. All prices advertised on the Website are inclusive of GST.
All prices on the Website are listed in Australian dollars (AUD).
Any party engaged in illegal activities involving the use of the Website will be subject to civil and criminal sanctions and prosecution. AAA Storage does not guarantee that it will be able to prevent any illegal or inappropriate use of the Website, nor that it will give notice of any illegal or inappropriate use of the Website. It is an illegal violation to place orders under a false name, with a fraudulently obtained credit card or without the consent of the cardholder. All persons found to have placed a fraudulent order will be prosecuted.
Links to other sites
AAA Storage is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other sites that are linked to the Website.
Advertised space sizes are approximate and for comparison purposes only. Spaces may be smaller or larger than advertised. Spaces are not rented by the square metre, and rent is not based on square metre measurements
Paying Your Bill
We offer a range of options to pay your account online including electronic funds transfer (EFT), credit card, direct debit and Stripe. We may accept a cheque from the Storer if approved by the FO. We may charge a fee for use of some options which incur higher administration costs for us. Some credit card transactions may attract a processing fee depending on the type of card used.
Promotional offers are only available when advertised as such. Terms and conditions apply. New customers only. On selected units only. First Month Rent Free applies to first month’s rent only. Not available with any other offer. Administration fee (first month) is still payable. When taking up the One Month Free when you stay for two months or more offer, the free month is applied for the second month’s rent and is not available with any other offer.
Storer Check Consent
By using the Website, you agree to the Facility Operator undertaking a search of your personal details on the “Storer Check” database, and to your details and personal information being released to “Storer Check” pursuant to the Personal Information Document and Terms and Conditions set out at www.storercheck.com.
By booking/purchasing storage or anything on the Website, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of the Storage Agreement, as set out below. The Facility Owner may amend the “Storage Agreement Terms and Conditions” from time to time and any amendment will become effective immediately. Your continued use of the Website after amendment constitutes an agreement to abide by and be bound by the amended “Storage Agreement Terms and Conditions” and any “Special Conditions” later added by the Facility Owner, at any time.
Storage Agreement Terms and Conditions
“The Facility Owner or FO” means CJ & AA Albertini as Trustees for the CJ & AA Albertini Superannuation Fund (ABN 36 797 153 047).
“Storer” means you or your alternative contact person (ACP).
“Agreement” means the Storage Agreement, including cover page and any schedules and any other document that specifies form part of the agreement whether in digital or hardcopy format.
“Monthly Payment Date” means the date specified by the FO for pre-payment of monthly storage fees.
“Admin Fee” means the fee relating to the administration of the Storer’s account.
“Deposit” means the one-off deposit fee required when you first sign the Storage Agreement.
“Storage Fee” means the monthly storage fee and monthly admin fee (if applicable) set out in the Agreement.
“Other Fee” means any other charge the FO may be required to charge the Storer under the Agreement.
“Processing Fee” means a fee to cover the administrative cost or other costs incurred if the FO issues a notice pursuant to a right under the Agreement.
“Return Direct Debit” or “Credit Card Payment Fee” refers to a fee to cover the administrative and other costs associated with the FO processing a return direct debit or credit card payment.
“Goods” means any item or thing which the Storer brings onto the Facility or which is kept in your space.
“Space” means the individual storage unit(s) that has been booked by the Storer as indicated in the Agreement.
“Facility” means the storage units located at 31 Russellton Drive, Alstonville, trading as “AAA Storage”.
Summary of Important Points
- All payments are to be made in advance by you (the Storer)
- Goods are stored at your own risk. We recommend that you take out insurance cover.
- The Facility Owner (the “FO”) is excluded from liability for the loss of any goods stored on its premises, except for laws which cannot be excluded, including rights under Australian Consumer Law.
- You must not store hazardous, dangerous, illegal, stolen, flammable, perishable, living, environmentally harmful or explosive goods.
- Unless specifically itemised and covered by insurance you must also not store goods that are irreplaceable such as currency, jewellery, furs, deeds, paintings, curios, works of art and items of personal sentimental value or items worth more than $2000 AUD in total. While the FO takes reasonable care to provide a secure Space, we cannot guard against all risks and unforeseen circumstances beyond our control and therefore, we recommend that you take out insurance in relation to items you intend to store in the Space or store valuable goods in places specifically designed for this purpose (i.e. a safety deposit box).
- The Space will only be accessible during set access hours as posted by the FO.
- The Storer will be held liable for any damage caused to the telescopic gate.
- Seven (7) days’ notice must be given for termination of this agreement.
- The Storer must notify the FO of all changes to their or the Alternative Contact Persons (ACP’s) address, email, telephone numbers or other contact details.
- If you fail to comply with material terms in this agreement the FO will have certain rights which include forfeiture of any Deposit and the right to seize and sell and/or dispose of your goods.
- The FO may have the right to refuse access if all fees are not paid promptly.
- The FO has the right to enter the Space in certain circumstances.
- The FO may use a microprobe or CCTV to view inside the Space and rely on footage to enforce the contract, and/or may release footage to authorities in certain circumstances, including where the FO reasonably suspects breach of the law or damage to premises.
- The FO may discuss your account, any default and your details with the ACP. Upon termination, default, or death the FO may elect to release items to the ACP.
Storage Agreement Terms and Conditions
- The Storer:
- may store Goods in the Space allocated to the Storer by the Facility Owner (“FO”), and only in that Space:
- has knowledge of the Goods in the Space;
- warrants that they are the owner of the Goods in the Space, and/or are entitled at law to deal with them accordance with all aspects of the Self-Storage Agreement (the Agreement).
- The FO :
- does not have, and will not be deemed to have, knowledge of the Goods;
- is not a bailee nor a warehouseman of the Goods and the Storer acknowledges that the FO does not take possession of the Goods;
- claims a contractual lien over the Goods in the event any moneys are owing under the Agreement.
- The Storer must upon signing the Agreement (via the Website or otherwise) pay to the FO:
- the Deposit (which, when applicable, will be refunded within 30 days of termination of the Agreement); and/or
- any Other Fee(s) specified in the Agreement or in any Fee Schedule.
- The Storer is responsible to pay:
- the Storage Fee being the amount indicated in the Agreement or any reasonable increase as notified to the Storer by the The FO will provide no less than 28 days’ notice of any intended increase. Where the Storer objects to the increase they may, before the expiration of the 28 days’ notice, terminate the Agreement and move out giving no less than 24 hours’ notice. The usual notice period is waived. The Storage Fee is payable in advance and it is the Storer’s responsibility to make payment directly to the FO on time, and in full, throughout the period of storage. Any Storage Fees paid by direct deposit/direct credit (“Direct Payment”) will not be credited to the Storer’s account unless the Storer identifies the Direct Payment clearly and as reasonably directed by the FO. The FO is indemnified from any claim for enforcement of the Agreement, including the sale or disposal of Goods, due to the Storer’s failure to correctly identify a Direct Payment;
- the Cleaning Fee, as indicated in the Agreement, is payable at the FO’s reasonable discretion;
- a Late Payment Fee, as indicated in the Agreement, which becomes payable each time a payment is late;
- any reasonable costs incurred by the FO in collecting late or unpaid Storage Fees, or in enforcing the Agreement in any way, including but not limited to security call-outs, postal, telephone, debt collection, personnel and/or the Default Action
- The Storer will be responsible for payment of any government taxes or charges (including any goods and services tax) being levied on the Agreement, or any supplies pursuant to the
- Over time various factors (such as interest rates, inflation and operating costs) will affect the FO and the profitability of the business. It may be necessary to increase some or all of the fees at various times after the first month of storage. The FO may increase the fee by giving the storer 28 days notice. The Storer acknowledges and agrees that it is reasonable for the FO to make any such increases as part of the ordinary operation of its business.
- If the Storer only pays part of the amount owing in fees, it does not affect the Storer’s obligation to pay the balance of the amount to the FO. Acceptance of a part-payment is not a waiver of any kind of any right the FO may have under the Agreement.
- (a) Notwithstanding clause 29, and subject to clause 8(b), the Storer acknowledges that, in the event of the Storage Fee, or any other moneys owing under the Agreement, not being paid in full within 42 days of the due date, the FO may enter the Space, by force or otherwise, retain any Deposit and/or sell or dispose of any Goods in the Space on such terms that the FO may determine (“Default Action”). For the purposes of the Personal Property Securities Act 2009, the FO is deemed to be in possession of the Goods from the moment the FO accesses the Space. The Storer consents to and authorises the sale or disposal by any means of all Goods regardless of their nature or value. The FO may also require payment of Default Action costs, including any costs associated with accessing the Storer’s Space and disposal or sale of the Storer’s Goods. Any excess funds will be returned to the Storer within 6 months of the sale of goods. In the event that the Storer cannot be located, excess funds will be deposited with the Public Trustee or equivalent authority. In the event that the Storer has more than one Space with the FO, default on either Space authorises the FO to take Default Action against all Spaces.(b) At least 14 days before the FO can take any Default Action the FO will provide the Storer with Notice that the Storer is in Default. The FO will provide the Storer with reasonable time to rectify the Default before any Default Action is taken.
RIGHT TO DUMP:
- If the FO reasonably believes it is a health and safety risk to sort, handle, assess or conduct an inventory of Goods in the Space, subject to the FO providing the Storer with reasonable prior notice to pay outstanding moneys and collect the goods, the FO may dispose of some or all of the Goods without sorting, handling, assessing or undertaking inventory. Further, due to the inherent health and safety risks in relation to undertaking any sale or disposal of Goods whereby the FO must handle the Storer’s Goods, the FO need not open or empty bags or boxes to sort, handle, assess or undertake an inventory of the contents therein, and may elect to instead dispose of all bagged and/or boxed items with or without opening them. Further, if, in the reasonable opinion of the FO a default Storer’s Goods are either not saleable or fail to sell when offered for sale or are not of sufficient value to warrant the expense of attempting to sell, the FO may dispose of the Goods in the Storer’s Space by any means.
- Further, upon Termination of the Agreement (Clause 29) by either the Storer or the FO, in the event that a Storer fails to remove all Goods from their Space or the Facility the FO is authorised to dispose of all Goods by any means 7 days from the Termination Date, regardless of the nature or value of the The FO will give 7 days’ notice of intended disposal.
- Any items deemed left, in the FO’s reasonable opinion, unattended in common areas or outside the Storer’s Space at any time may at the FO’s reasonable discretion be sold, disposed, moved or dumped immediately and at the expense and liability of the
ACCESS AND CONDITIONS:
- The Storer:
- has the right to access the Space during Access Hours as advised by the FO and as advertised on the Facility website, or as otherwise notified, and subject to the terms of the Agreement;
- acknowledges and agrees that the FO may change the Access Hours at its discretion and that it is reasonable to do so as part of the operation of the Facility.
- will be solely responsible for the securing of the Space and shall so secure the Space at all times when the Storer is not in the Space in a manner reasonably acceptable to the FO, and where applicable will secure the external gates and/or doors of the Where the Storer refuses to secure the Space, the FO may apply a lock and post the keys to the Storer at the Storer’s expense. The Storer is not permitted to apply a padlock to the Space in the over-locking position, and the Storer may have such padlock forcefully cut off at the Storer’s expense;
- must not store any Goods that are hazardous, dangerous, illegal, stolen, flammable, explosive, environmentally harmful, perishable, living, or that are a risk to the property of any person;
- must not store items which are irreplaceable, such as currency, jewellery, furs, deeds, paintings, curios, works of art, items of personal sentimental value and/or any items that are worth more than $2000AUD in total unless they are itemised and covered by insurance;
- must keep Goods in storage adequately insured with their own policy of insurance. The Storer agrees to provide evidence of insurance to the FO when reasonably requested. The Storer waives any right of subrogation the Storer may have in relation to storage of the Goods;
- will use the Space solely for the purpose of storage and shall not carry on any business or other activity including reside, dwell or loiter in the Space;
- will not cause nuisance or inconvenience to any other person using the Facility. This includes blocking access, driveways and taking reasonable steps to ensure that no noxious substance is stored in or escapes from the Storer’s Space into another Storer’s space;
- must not attach nails, screws, paint, mark, drill, or alter any part of the The Storer must maintain the Space by ensuring it is clean and in a state of good repair, and must not damage or alter the Space without the FO’s consent. In the event of uncleanliness of or damage to the Space or Facility or other Storer’s Goods the FO will be entitled to retain any Deposit, charge a Cleaning Fee, and/or full reimbursement by the Storer to the value of the damage, repairs and/or cleaning;
- must immediately notify the FO of any damage caused by the Storer or any authorised person (at your request and direction). The Storer is responsible for such damage and must reimburse the FO on demand for the cost of repairing such damage. The Storer acknowledges that they are accountable for any person brought into the Facility.
- cannot assign this Agreement;
- must give Notice of change of address, phone numbers or email address of the Storer or the Alternate Contact Person (“ACP”) within 48 hours of any change;
- grants the FO entitlement to discuss and provide information it holds regarding the Storer – including default information – with the ACP registered on the front of this Further, where the FO reasonably believes that the Storer is unwilling or unable to remove Goods from the Space upon termination or default of the Agreement, despite reasonable notice under these terms, the FO may allow the ACP to remove the Goods on such terms as agreed between the FO and the ACP without the need for further consent from the Storer. Further, where the FO has reasonable proof that the Storer is deceased, the FO is authorised to force access to the Space and release all Goods to the ACP;
- is solely responsible for determining whether the Space is appropriate and suitable for storing the Storer’s Goods, having specific consideration for the size, nature and condition of the Space and Goods;
- must ensure their Goods are free of food scraps and are not damp when placed into storage.
- In addition to clause 8, the FO has the right to refuse access to the Space and/or the Facility where any monies are owing by the Storer to the FO where a demand or notice relating to payment of such money has been The Storer’s obligations under the Agreement, including payment of the storage fees, continue even though access has been denied. The FO is unable to let the Space while the Storer still has Goods in storage, and the FO is continuing to provide the opportunity to remedy the default.
- Access to the Facility may also be denied to the Storer if there has been non-compliance with any obligations under the Agreement or there is insufficient identification or evidence satisfactory to the FO to show that you or another person are entitled to access. Once the issue has been remedied, the Storer will be granted access again subject to the FO’s conditions of entry.
- The FO will not be liable for any loss or damaged suffered by the Storer resulting from any inability to access the Facility or the
- The FO reserves the right to relocate the Storer to another Space under certain circumstances, including but not limited to unforeseen extraordinary events or redevelopment of the
- The FO may dispose of the Storer’s Goods in the event that Goods are damaged due to fire, flood or other event that has rendered Goods, in the reasonable opinion of the FO severely damaged, or dangerous to the Facility, any persons, or other Storer’s and/or their Where practicable, the FO will provide the Storer with reasonable Notice and an opportunity to review the Goods before the Goods are disposed of.
- The Storer acknowledges that it has raised with the FO all queries relevant to its decision to enter this Agreement and that the FO has, prior to the Storer entering into this Agreement, answered all such queries to the satisfaction of the The Storer acknowledges that any matters resulting from such queries have, to the extent required by the Storer and agreed to by the FO, been reduced to writing and incorporated into the terms of the Agreement.
- The Storer is responsible (and must pay) for loss or damage caused by a third party who enters the Space or the Facility at the request, direction, or as facilitated by the Storer (including provision of unique gate PIN code).
- The Storer is responsible for security of their Space and acknowledges that the FO has provided a Space that is capable of being so secured. Whilst the FO has installed various security measures in the Facility, the FO is not guaranteeing the Facility is totally secure. The Storer understands and accepts that Goods are stored at the Storer’s own risk and that it is the responsibility of the Storer to secure the Space. The FO is not responsible for any unauthorised entry by any person to the Facility or the Storer’s Space.
RISK AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- The FO’s services come with non-excludable guarantees under consumer protection law, including that they will be provided with due care and Otherwise, to the extent permitted by law, the Goods are stored at the sole risk and responsibility of the Storer who shall be responsible for any and all theft, damage to, and deterioration of the Goods, and shall bear the risk of any and all damage caused by flood or fire or leakage or overflow of water, mildew, mould, heat, spillage of material from any other space, removal or delivery of the Goods, pest or vermin or any other reason whatsoever.
- Where loss, damage or injury is caused by the Storer, or liability arises from the Storer’s actions or the Storer’s Goods, the Storer agrees to indemnify and keep indemnified the FO from any liability arising from and all claims for any loss of or damage to the property of, or personal injury to or death of the Storer, the Facility, the FO or third parties, or legislative or common law breach, resulting from or incidental to the use of the Space by the Storer, including but not limited to the storage of Goods in the Space, the Goods themselves, defaulting on the Agreement and/or accessing the
- Certain laws may apply to the storage of goods including criminal, bankruptcy, liquidation, privacy and others. The Storer acknowledges and agrees to comply with all relevant laws, including Acts and Ordinances, Regulations, By-laws, and Orders, as are or may be applicable to the use of the This includes laws relating to the material which is stored, the manner in which it is stored, and its disposal upon Default. Such liability and responsibility rests with the Storer and includes any and all costs resulting from such a breach.
- If the FO reasonably believes that the Storer is not complying with any relevant laws the FO may take any action as it reasonably believes to be necessary, including the action outlined in clauses 26, 27 & 29, contacting, cooperating with and/or submitting Goods to the relevant authorities, and/or immediately disposing of or removing the Goods at the Storer’s expense and liability, including where in the FO’s reasonable opinion the Storer is engaging in illegal activity in relation to the storage of the No failure or delay by the FO to exercise its rights under this Agreement will operate to waive those rights.
INSPECTION AND ENTRY BY THE FO:
- Subject to clause 26 and 27 the Storer consents to inspection and entry of the Space by the FO provided that the FO gives 14 days’
- In the event of an emergency, that is where obliged to do so by law or in the event that property, the environment or human life is, in the reasonable opinion of the FO, threatened, the FO may enter the Space using all necessary force without the consent of the Storer, but the FO shall thereafter notify the Storer as soon as The Storer consents to such entry.
- The Storer agrees that in circumstances where the FO reasonably suspects a breach of the law or damage to the facility, the FO may use a microprobe or other CCTV camera to view the inside of the Space and any footage obtained which evidences a breach of the Agreement or the law may be relied upon by the FO to take any action authorised under this Agreement, including terminating the Agreement and/or cooperating with law enforcement agencies and other
- NOTICE: Notice by the FO will usually be given by email or SMS, or otherwise will be left at, or posted to, or faxed to the address of the In relation to the giving of Notice by the Storer to the FO, Notice must be in writing and actually be received to be valid, and the FO may specify a required method. In the event of not being able to contact the Storer, Notice is deemed to have been given to the Storer by the FO if the FO has sent Notice to the last notified address or has sent Notice via any other contact method, including by SMS or email to the Storer or the ACP without any electronic ‘bounce back’ or similar notification. In the event that there is more than one Storer, notice to or by any single Storer is agreed to be sufficient for the purposes of any Notice requirement under this Agreement
- TERMINATION: Once the initial fixed period of storage has ended, either party may terminate this Agreement by giving the other party Notice of the Termination Date in accordance with the period indicated on the front of this In the event any activities on the part of the Storer are reasonably considered by the FO to be illegal or environmentally harmful, antisocial, threatening or offensive, the FO may terminate the Agreement without Notice (Summary Termination). The FO is entitled to retain or charge apportioned storage fees if less than the requisite Notice is given by the Storer. The Storer must remove all Goods in the Space before the close of business on the Termination Date and leave the Space in a clean condition and in a good state of repair to the satisfaction of the FO. In the event that Goods are left in the Space after the Termination Date, clause 10 will apply. The Storer must pay any outstanding Storage Fees and any expenses on default or any other moneys owed to the FO up to the Termination Date, or clauses 8, 9 or 10 may apply. If the FO enters the Space for any reason and there are no Goods stored therein, the FO may terminate the Agreement without giving prior Notice, but the FO will send Notice to the Storer within 7 days.
- The Storer’s liability for outstanding moneys, property damage, personal injury, environmental damage and legal responsibility under this Agreement continues to run beyond the termination of this
- SEVERANCE If any clause, term or provision of this Agreement is legally unenforceable or is made inapplicable, or in its application would breach any law, that clause, term or provision shall be severed or read down, but so as to maintain (as far as possible) all other terms of the Agreement.SPECIAL CONDITIONS
- The Storer will at all times enter and exit the facility using the unique gate PIN code allocated to the Storer. In the event of an emergency, the Storer may use the emergency exit gate.
- The Storer acknowledges that all entries and exits to the Facility will be recorded, logged and monitored by the FO via the unique PIN Code, date and time stamped.
- The Storer acknowledges that in the event of a power failure, the gate to the Facility may fail to operate and will remain closed until power is restored. The Storer accepts that this is a necessary security measure implemented by the FO in the event of a power outage and the FO will not be held liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Storer as a result of the power outage or gate to the Facility remaining closed for any reason. The Storer further agrees that they will not attempt to access the Facility or their Space by any other means during this time.
- The Storer will incur a fee if there is a requirement for a security call-out including accessing the incorrect Space and/or activating the alarm system. If you, or a person authorised by you, trigger an alarm, you will be charged an Alarm Fee of $65.00.
- The Storer will be held liable for any damage to the telescopic gate when accessing the Facility whether intentional or accidental. The Storer will not cause undue damage or destruction to any other part of the storage Facility. In this regard, the FO may rely on CCTV footage to determine if a Storer is liable for any damage incurred.
- The Storer may only use their unique gate PIN code to access their own storage Space(s) and no other.
- The Storer acknowledges that access to the facility via unique PIN Code will be denied if there are any outstanding monies owing to the FO. The FO will not be held liable for any loss or damage to the Storer or Storer’s Goods as a result of a gate lock-out.
- The Storer acknowledges that contact with the FO can be made by email to email@example.com, and further acknowledges that a reply may take up to 48 hours.
- The Storer acknowledges that the FO uses one payment due date for all Storers and you agree to pay the FO in advance the Storage Fee on that date each month for the duration of the Agreement.
- The Storer acknowledges and agrees that the FO may use the Storer’s (or ACP) personal details to conduct a search of the “Storer Check Database” of which the FO is an active member. This check is done before the Storer enters the Facility. The Storer further acknowledges and agrees that in the event of a default the Storer’s details will be added to the Storer Check Database as a problem storer. A warning notice will be issued by the FO to the Storer with an opportunity to remedy the default prior to this action being taken.